Chillem Park

A one acre lot in the Yorkshire Woods Subdivision was conveyed to the Oak Brook Park District in 1972 to develop the two tennis Courts, a basketball court, play area and landscaping. 


The park is named in honor of Philip Chillem, an immigrant from Sicily. Mr. Chillem bought the Yorkshire Woods property from the Harger family and sold off the lots from a little lean-to in the area, in which he sat on Saturdays and Sundays to make the sales. Mr. Chillem donated the lot to the Yorkshire Woods Property Owners Association in 1956 so that, “all the children, and their mothers and fathers, could enjoy when the area was fully built.” Yorkshire Woods considers “Phil Chillem” as the founder of their subdivision and are grateful for his generosity and civic mindedness.

Park Amenities
  • Two Tennis Courts
  • Basketball Court
  • Swings
  • Playground Structures
  • Mulched play area
  • Bike Rack